1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dodge 3500 truck side questions

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by devinecontracting, Oct 17, 2016.

1. devinecontracting

devinecontracting Junior Member

hey guys i found a really good deal on a complete v plow set up off of a 2005 dodge 3500. my question is how much of the truck side components will fit on my 1995 dodge ram 3500?

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

What is the make and model of this plow?

3. Philbilly2

Should clarify better....

Likley none... Frames are different so mount will not work, headlights are different so most of harness will not work, so you might be able to use the control harness for plow operation with any modern plow.

But, make and model is a good start to us giving part numbers and cost...

4. devinecontracting

ok i will find out the exact model tomorrow.. all i know right now is its is a BOSS 9'2" v plow. thanks

5. BossEric

BossEric Member

Is it a 2005 year Plow also or newer? Is it RT3 Or RT2 ? And is it 11 pin or 13 pin? But actually it doesn't matter just good to know for later questions . But you can use the truck side wiring , but not the truck undercarriage . You'll need a new undercarriage for the 1995 and that should be it.I don't think that model Dodge even requires light adapters with the 9004 HB1 bulbs.

6. devinecontracting

Awesome that's what i thought but i will find out the exact model tomorrow

7. Philbilly2

I though that 2005 dodges had HB5 bulbs and 1995 had a HB1 no?

8. BossEric

BossEric Member

Philbilly , your right the 1995 has the HB1. And he said the 1995 is what he's wanting to mount the plow back on to. Which I'm almost positive doesn't require the light adapters.

heelclickerman likes this.
  9. heelclickerman

heelclickerman Junior Member

No adapters required