1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge 3500 headlights will not turn off!!!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by AboveTheCut, Jan 2, 2006.

1. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut Junior Member

Hello all-
    I have a 2000 Dodge 3500 Sport pickup. Its raining heavily (all day) and go to turn off my headlights and they will not turn off. I first thought it was the switch but when I took the switch out, the headlights remained on. The parking lights, fog lights, plow lights, and high beams work perfectly but my headlights will not turn off. I finally had to disconnect both batteries to get them to go off. Has anyone else had this type of problem?
  2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

change the headlight relay.
  3. KenG

KenG Senior Member
    from MA

I believe that your headlamps are supplied power all the time through fuses in the power distribution block.
    I think the headlight switch itself supplies ground to the multifunction switch (turn signal stalk/dimmer switch). The multifunction switch is actually what sends out the ground to turn on the lights. The multifunction switch also gets a separate ground for use with the "flash-to-pass" option. There may be a short inside that switch. If you take off the upper steering column trim, you might try unplugging the multifunction switch and see if the headlights go out.
  4. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut Junior Member

it ended up being the light module for my plow lights (Meyer) between the factory lights and the plow lights. I got a pair of them for $135. i put both new ones in and saved the old, good one for a spare.