1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge 2500HD Stock Coil Springs

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by JohnnyU, Apr 14, 2010.

1. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I have a pair of stock coil springs from my 4x4 2004 Dodge 2500HD. These should fit any 4x4 Dodge 1500 from 1994-2002, or 2500/3500 from 1994+. They would make a great upgrade spring for those of you with 1500's wanting to get rid of the front end sag.

I'll sell them for $150 shipped anywhere in the US.

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  2. kthunter33

kthunter33 Junior Member

Which springs did you upgrade with? I have the same truck set up with a western proplus

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Bump.

Still have these and I'm getting tired of tripping over them. Make me an offer.

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Lmc truck is great for most resto-body parts and trim, but these springs are Genuine Mopar.

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Back to the top, surely someone needs a set of HD springs for their truck.

6. MoparPlowJockey

MoparPlowJockey Member
    from Indiana

I sure could have used these last year. Got lucky this year and a friend wanted the springs from my 1500 and swapped them even and he installed them!

7. brian2transam

brian2transam Junior Member

I have a 2003 Ram 1500 . I was wondering if they fit in my truck. Thanks

8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

No, 2002 was the first year for a completely new front suspension for the 1500's.

9. sterlinron

sterlinron Junior Member

I may be interested. New to Ram trucks. Thought I wanted some of these, then someone told me I already have them on my truck. Is there an easy way to tell?

Also these will fit on 01 Ram 1500 with 5.9?

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I'm not certain, but I would think so. These would be heavier capacity than the 1500 springs.

11. sterlinron

sterlinron Junior Member

Surely, I would think there would be a difference in the amount of coils or the thickness of them. Would you be willing to measure the thickness and count the coils when you get the chance? I don't want to buy something I already have.

12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I'll have to cut open the box and unpackage the springs to measure them, but I can...

2500 springs are larger diameter material, should be the same unloaded length and OD as the 1500 springs, unsure of the number of wraps though. The wire diameter, wrap diameter, and number of wraps is what determines the spring rate.

13. sterlinron

sterlinron Junior Member

Ok, well I'll be honest with you. I don't want you to go too far out of your way to measure them, if I am not going to buy them. I am very interested, but I need a plow first and foremost. Without the plow, I am really don't feel the need for them. And I have been trying to find a plow for a while now. So it is up to you. If you decide to measure them, let me know. And I will see how they compare size wise to the ones I have. If they are different there is a real good chance I will pick them up from you.

14. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member