1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge 2500 w/ Curtis Plow?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jazak, Jun 20, 2006.

1. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

I have found a Dodge 2500 it a 2004 with under 20K miles on it. Its 4x4 and comes with a Curtis plow. The dealer doesn't know what model the plow is but says there a 4 springs. Do you guys know anything about Curtis plows and what model plow this could be?

2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Most likely a SnoPro 3000 hitch and run. My gues with 4 springs is between 8 and 9 foot. I own one because it was more rugged than what I was going to get on my Ranger. I would have rather had a 6'9" ld Fisher but they dont make push plates for it anymore. Other than that I havent had any problems with my Curtis well built.

3. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

Its an 8'. Is it true that Curtis is a heavier plow then Western or Fisher?

4. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

If I purchase the truck would any of you guys want a Curtis plow if I decide I don't need the plow?

5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

According to Western and Curtis website the 8ft Curtis wieghts in at 795 and the Western 8ft Proplow wieghts 699.

Will

6. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

Thanks for the info guys. I guess if I get the truck the plow will be up for sale. If anyone is intersted to have a Curtis let me know :)

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have a curtis plow i love it

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

How much for the plow if you were to sell it? I have an '04 Ram diesel.

9. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

I have decided not to buy it. I'm just probobly going to go and just buy a new truck since they're offering 0 percent agian.