1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge 2500 Powerwagon

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by snowman79, Mar 7, 2009.

1. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

I was wondering if any of you have or know some info on the powerwagon. There is one for sale locally and i might go take a look at it. Its a 2005 Ram Powerwagon 33" BFG AT, red, spray in bed liner, clother interior , 5.7l hemi engine, auto tranny, 70k miles. For the longest time ive wanted a diesel but they are way out of my price range and they want about 15500 OBO for this one. Will i be dissappointed with the hemi or is it an ok engine. I bet it gets terrible mileage. Anyone have numbers? Opinions?

2. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

my neighbor has one. It's a great truck. It's definitely not a diesel but it's got enough power to scoot pretty good. I think he's said it gets about 13 mpg. the price seems kinda high to me. This is a buyers market so I'd try to beat them up pretty good on the price

3. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

well its a private seller to...how much would you offer?

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I would check the front end before you buy it.. Those 35's can tear through front end parts

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Power Wagon's have a 4:56 axle ratio...it can pull a house but you're not going to get any mileage out of it.

Also, if you're going to plow with it you'll want to make sure that the factory installed winch won't be an issue.

6. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

well i for sure wont be plowing with it. As much as i like the looks and such im afraid the mileage will kill me.....

7. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Stick to the diesel trucks you will love them. You could allways look into making a power waggon diesel clone. Getting the best of both worlds.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  8. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

i wish i could find a 04 or 05 with 70-80k miles for right around 18k. but i cant...

9. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

You can make any 2500 look like a Power Wagon. 15500 isnt a bad price considering how pricey they were from the start. I personally like the look of H2 rims over the Dodge ones.

So $75 for the gas cap
    400 for Power wagon flares
    1300 Tires and rims

[​IMG]

10. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a good buy. If you do a lot of highway driving I may hold out because of the 4.56 gears. Around town they do well because of the gears though. Seems like the PW have a bunch of stuff you will never use but for that price why not

11. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

well i really dont do much highway travel...just livin in a farming community mostly.

12. NBI Lawn

13. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

hey thanks man, even though i live in illinois it would be that bad of a trip up there...

14. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

check out www.dodgetalk.com there is a powerwagon forum.
    PW's are pretty pricy as they are, 15K doesn't sound to bad to me.

15. NBI Lawn

Where in IL? From either one of those locations it is only a 6-7 hour drive to Chicago. I bought a Corvette in Mayland last summer. Took a 6AM flight out on a Friday morning and was home by 4AM Saturday... BY MYSELF :dizzy:

That white truck looks to be damn nice, worth checking out anyways. A days worth of driving to have a truck you will own for a few years isnt a big deal. Drive up a small car, get a uhaul trailer and tow it back behind the Cummins

16. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

i live near rockford, pretty much right on the border or wisconsin and illinois

17. NBI Lawn

That isnt bad at all, I know right were Rockford is. Give the guys a call.

18. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

i just might.

19. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

well ive decided im going to skip the whole PW thing and spend a little more on a cummins as it will probably save me a little on fuel costs ect, plus i wont have to buy another truck for a very long time as my buddys dads cummins has about 285,000 miles and is still going strong.