1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge 2500 Mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 345HEMI, Feb 19, 2007.

1. 345HEMI

345HEMI Junior Member

Will probably be looking to put my plow on a newer truck (05-06) Ram 2500. Anyone have an idea how much the Boss mount may be. The dealer said I can use all the same wireing, But the mounts are substantially different (obviously!) Just trying to get an idea on what this is going to cost me. Thanks!

2. harleyrider67

harleyrider67 Member

345 Hemi,

I have the exact same setup as you and I called my local BOSS dealer to ask the same question about a mount for a new 2006 Dodge 3500 QC 4x4 he told me the mount was $510, the headlight adpt. was $75, Timbrens another $150 and $350 in labor to install all.

I thought I was going to puke!

Another $1000, so much for plowing profits this year huh?

3. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

I don't think you will need timb.. on the 3500 Dodge Ram. I beleive if I am correct that all dodge ram 3500 are plow preped which means the suspension on the front end is set up to hold a plow... But it all depends on what size plow you are putting on. I have a 2006 2500 Dodge Ram and have not put anything to help on the front end suspension and I have a Boss V-Plow and Straight for the truck. I flip the plows depending on what truck is doing what job that day..

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Same setup here.

Got (2) 2006 Dodge 2500 CTD quad cabs.

I run an 8.2 V on one, an 8' straight on the other.

I just went from moving these plows from '03 and '05 Dodges to these '06.

The undercarriage fit, along with the wiring, but I had to buy the headlight adapters.

When I went from the '02 Dodge to the '05, I had to buy the new undercarriage / wiring, all of which came to about $600 installed.

5. 345HEMI

345HEMI Junior Member

i was quoted around 1100 to make the switch! ouch! looks like i'm gonna wait untill spring to buy the new truck. can't pull that off right now....