1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dodge 2500 diesel

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dodgeguy99, May 21, 2007.

1. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i am looking at getting a truck just like the one i have now (1999 ext cab long bed) but with a diesel engine. when i go to westerns website they only offer a 7' 6" midweight. my question is will a dealer mount a 8' 6" plow on the 2500 diesel? just wondering before i buy the truck. thanks for the replys in advance.

2. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

i'm not an expert on westerns, but i could easily get a 9 ft sno-way put on my ford, although mine was a 1 - ton. i really think you need ATLEAST an 8'6" on 3/4 to 1 ton just to clear your wheel base when you angle

3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I just bought an 06 CTD and I'm planning on hanging my 8'6" MVP on it.

Dodge doesn't recommend hanging it since you got the added weight from the diesel plus they are figuring a passenger in every seat space available for legal reasons. But here's the kicker most guys plow by themselves since its impossible to get the wife/girlfriend to zip it.

That truck will handle any good WESTERN you want to put on the front of it.

4. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i know the truck can handle a bigger plow but do you think i will have a problem of getting a western dealer to install a bigger plow than what is recomended on their site?? thanks for the replys guys.

5. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I had a dealer shoot me down before I even told them I was going to put the undercarriage on myself. But it depends on the dealer too, some will some won't.

Get a twelve pack of beer and have a friend come over for a day to help you put it on.

6. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

how complicated is it to install a plow myself with a couple buddies???

7. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

its not hard at all! just need to know how to turn a wrench and drill a few holes, unless westerns don't need them drilled.