1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge 2007 Ram

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by nymustang50, Dec 26, 2012.

1. nymustang50

nymustang50 Senior Member

Need some input on mounting strobes in a Dodge 2007 2500 headlight should I put them into the turn signal area or headlight area I feel if I put it in the headlamp area it'll only be focused straight ahead of me but in the turn signals its more of a ahead and to the side strobe I would think. Ive searched for information but could only find tail light question and answers. Thanks
  2. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

By placing them in the headlights you lose some of thier effectiveness when the headlights are on. The turn signals will give you the best of all worlds and exactly what you stated they would.
  3. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

I currently have a 2005 Dodge and put them in the turn signal area in front (I also did the same thing on the 2003 that I had prior to this truck) The light seems to go off on an angle moreso than towards the front which seems to work well. This also seems to reduce the issue of having much 'flashback' from the backside of the plow. I would definitely go with them in the turn signals if I had to do it again.
  4. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

If mounting in the headlight area I have some questions
    Do you plan on using them when plowing snow , If so when your hooked to your plow the truck headlight should be off so the question of loosing there effectiveness is mutt.
    If mounting in the turn signal area again you would prolly want to use amber to match up with the turn signal bulb to be more effective.
    If your intention is to use the strobes year round I still say the headlight area works best at least on my 06 they did. Unless your in a professional position ( law enforcment or Fire ) I dont see a need to be using headlights and strobes at the same time IMO
  5. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

6. Ram 08

Ram 08 Member

I had the same feeling you did about getting more side light by installing in the turn signal. Because of the design, the turn signal is recessed from the headlight portion so you do get reflection off the side of the headlight housing. Here are a couple of pics and a video of my install. I went with Whelen Vertex LEDs and have been very happy with the results. The video is a cell phone vid and doesn't really do it justice.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3QxvU2LPdM

7. nymustang50

nymustang50 Senior Member

Thank you everyone for the responses. I will be going with putting them in the turn signal area. They will be amber strobes. And no i don't have a plow for this truck not at this time anyway. Its more for safely as I use this truck for towing and want to be safe if I have to pull over or what not. Plus when if needed I use this truck for towing my bobcat during snow storms to help lighten the load of my trucks. So it'll help for that as well.