1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge 2004 Negative switch or Positive

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by sspearl, Oct 23, 2006.

1. sspearl

sspearl Junior Member

I had a 2002 dodge -which when wiring up for the lights, I found that the headlights were switched on the ground side. I didn't bother with the meyers modules, because I heard so many people had problems. I just used the parking lights as a trigger for my relays and turned the plow lights on that way. I plan on bringing this setup to my new(er) 2004 dodge truck, but did dodge go back to the Positive switch? Anybody know??

thanks

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i did the same thing on my 04 i use a relayed switch to turn on the lights

john

3. sspearl

sspearl Junior Member

I've always thought it gets much better juice going to the bulb that way. But, anyone know if the new style dodge is positive switched or negative???? :confused:

4. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Im about ready to wire my sabers directley....The head lamp only. Ihave a bad ground issue somewhere on the left factory headlamp that transfers to the sabre as well when activated.

Running lights and signals work fine. Modules are fine.

Unless someone has some advice. Bad factory module of some sort?????

Sorry SS. Im obviously not savvy to the factory wiring setup and cant help you.

5. sspearl

sspearl Junior Member

No problem, just curious. With the relay setup I use it really doesn't matter. Definately would try it rather than the modules. I've heard nothing but bad about the modules.

6. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Solved my problem.....minor corrosion on a factory plug. I practically eat dielectric grease for breakfast I use it so much andI still get corrosion.

Bah. Glad its fixed.

Hope you get your info soon.