1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge 1500 with BOSS 7.6' Straightblade

Discussion in 'Boss Plow Forum' started by scmik, Jan 14, 2002.

1. scmik

scmik Junior Member

Looking for some information from the BOSS pros here. I purchased a used 98 Ram 1500 regular cab/SB. I had a hard time finding a plow for it, since Dodge doesnt recommend putting a plow on this vehicle.

A friend of mine owns a BOSS Dealer in Elma NY, and told me that I would not have any problems. He said the truck can handle it. I've since plowed about ten times this year, and have not had any problems. I do not plow to make money, strictly to do my driveway, and maybe some friends and family's driveways.

My question is, why Dodge frowns on my vehicle for plowing? And what harm can I do, if any?

Thanks

Mike

2. Boss Plows

Boss Plows Junior Member

Mike, post your number and I'll call you. Thanks, The BOSS Snowplow

3. scmik

scmik Junior Member

716-310-6472

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Just for future knowledge if you do not wish to post a phone number or address or other semi-private info you can send a Private Message to each other. Just a way to keep a little privacy.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Jamie Slaughter,a plowsite member,and friend of mine has one on his 99 Ram extended cab,1500 its a Boss 7.5 regular duty,it seems to hold it well.I think it was about 650 lbs,it has the nice lights,and the smart hitch hookup im pretty sure.Maybe E-mail him,ask how he likes it so far.

6. scmik

scmik Junior Member

Thanks for the replys guys...BOSS hit me with some much needed information.

7. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

would you care to pass on the info?
    Thanks
    -Nick

8. scmik

scmik Junior Member

I sent you a pvt message....hope you got it.

9. Jamie Slaughter

Jamie Slaughter Junior Member

I have a 7'6 boss straight standard duty on my 1500 ext cab Dodge. I have had no problems at all so far, but haven't had a fair amount of snow to REALLY try it out in the first place. My truck may drop an inch or so but nothing that bad. I installed the unit myself and the only problem i did find was the support arms that bolt to the frame of the truck with the u bolt and the one on the opposite side were not machined correctly and did not align well with the brackets with the height adjustment holes in it. Other than that all else was a breeze. AND my Boss sticker is still alive and well. Again due to lack of the white stuff.

10. scmik

scmik Junior Member

Lack of snow huh....Ive had enough to last all year here. I pretty much had a crash course in plowing this year. When we had like 6ft in two days, and I buried my plow frame twice and had to dig it out, cause I tried to muscle to much snow into too big of a pile.

Glad to see im not the only one with a 1500 runin a BOSS..

11. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I own several model year 1/2 ton, Short Box Dodges, and have BOSS blades on all of them.

1) 1991 W150 SB Dodge w/ BOSS 8' 2" Power V Front blade w/ a custom 8' 6" rear blade. I added 1 leaf to the front springs, 2 leafs to the back, and Rancho RS5000 shocks all around. I have no issues with sagging front or wieght.

2) 1991 W150 SB Dodge w/ BOSS 8' 6" Super Duty Straight w/ a custom 8' 6" rear blade. I added 1 leaf to the front springs, 2 leafs to the back, and Rancho RS5000 shocks all around. I have no issues with sagging front or wieght.

3) 1995 1500 SLT LB Dodge w/ BOSS 8' 2" Power V Front blade w/ a custom expanding rear blade(closed @ 8', opens to 16'). I added OEM 1 ton springs to the front, and 2 leafs to the rear w/ Rancho RS5000 shocks all around. No Problems!!!

4) 1995 3500 1 ton Cummins Turbo Diesel DRW Dodge w/ BOSS 9' 2" Power V Front blade w/ a custom 9' rear blade. No suspension upgrades.

5) 1995 3500 1 ton Cab & Chassis Dodge w/ BOSS 9' Super Duty Straight w/ a custom 9' rear blade. No suspension upgrades.

6) 1999 1500 SLT SB Dodge w/ BOSS 8' 2" Poly Power V Front blade w/ a custom expanding rear blade(closed @ 8', opens to 16'). I added OEM 1 ton springs to the front, and 2 leafs to the rear w/ Rancho RS5000 shocks all around. No Problems!!!

If I can be of any more help, please feel free to write and let me help answer your questions.

Thanks.

Jon

12. scmik

scmik Junior Member

You had a 890 lb plow on a 99 1/2 ton? Will the upgraded 3/4 or one ton springs go right in without being modified?

13. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The OEM springs fit like a glove.