1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge 1500 Hemi - plow size good -bad

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by shakr, Feb 6, 2008.

1. shakr

shakr Junior Member

I have a chance to buy a 8ft. fisher plow with th e minute mount . My truck is a 2003 dodge ram 1500 quad cab with a Hemi .
    My question is will this be a good set up ?. I am only going to do driveways and minor plowing ...no commercial work.

I looked around this site but I did not find any answers....please help me decide.

I am also looking to find where I can get the truck side minute mount for the fisher to dodge attachment . I am in Southeast Michigan.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Joint, Clutch, & Gear in Romulus is your closest dealer. There are 3 more dealers on the eastside also. I don't know for sure, but that plow may be too heavy for the front end on a 1500 without suspension help. The engine with push it no problem, we have several Hemi 2500s.
  3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Nope way to heavy for a weak Dodge front end. Also do you have those Performace tires that come on alot of 1500's? Those will not work well. Get a 7.6ft and only have to rebuild the front end every other year instead of yearly
  4. shakr

shakr Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I was really wanting a snow way or poly type plow anyway. I have aftermarket perelli scorpian tires on the truck which have been pretty good in the snow and muddy trails, not those factory crap tires.
    I am only looking for a plow set up to do a few driveways per snow fall .
  5. JCplowing

JCplowing Member

I have a fisher 71/2 RD plow on my 2004 ram 1500, your truck will not handle a 8ft plow! do the sno o ways have a 4way hydro, or is it the one you have to get out of your truck and turn the plow, because those are a waste of money... GOODLUCK!!
  6. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Poly plows weigh same as amount as the steel ones. Just get a 7ft or 7.6ft either Fisher or a Boss. I foyu are only driveway plowing the Boss maybe the better deal price wise
  7. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

snoways are full hydro. up, down, left, right.