1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge 1/2 ton question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by deuceboy, Sep 16, 2004.

1. deuceboy

deuceboy Junior Member

I have a 1989 Dodge Ram, DW 150. I purchased a beat up 1992 Dodge Ram 3/4 ton that has a Meyer plow on it. The frames look very similar, so I thought it would be easy to swap the plow from the 92 to the 89. But there is a slight difference in the frame on the 89 1/2 ton that won't allow the brackets to be mounted to the frame. The bolt holes in the 89 frame look identical to the 92 frame, except that there's a difference in the cross member which doesn't allow the plow bracket to slide up high enough to line up the bolt holes. Does anybody know where to find the right brackets? The plow was probably brand new in 1992. It is the angle bracket type, not the tube style. Any replies are greatly appreciated.

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

duceboy, welcome to plowsite. Try checking on E-Bay, it seems to be filling up with plows & equipment. :waving: BOAST

3. hyperpack

hyperpack Senior Member

I have a couple Dodges from 1975 1/2 ton to 1993 3/4 ton and the plow frames interchange,could you trim a little on the plow frame to make it fit?
    What part of Michigan are you located?
    Hyperpack

4. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The frames on Dodge trucks from 1973-1993 should be fairly identical from 1/2 ton to 1 ton. You may have to put a little elbow grease into the undercarrige to make it fit. Pursuade it a little.

Then again, I could be totally off track, but best of my knowledge that should be correct.

Just trying to help. :rolleyes:

5. deuceboy

deuceboy Junior Member

I think the 89 1/2 ton frame might have a different bend to it than the 92 3/4 ton does. It seems like the vertical part of the plow bracket that bolts to the truck frame is just not tall enough to reach the bolt holes before the horizontal part of the bracket hits the bottom of the frame. It's almost too low by one inch. The passenger side seemed to bolt up, but the driver side is where the problem is. If I could cut/weld it to work, that might do the trick. I'm only plowing a driveway for the house we're going to move into (we're in the middle of building it right now)

Hyperpack, I'm in Marysville, it's just south of Port Huron. Where are you from?

6. Guy

Guy Member
    from Alaska

I just put a Meyer mount from a 90 250 on a 90 150, and yes, the LH rear bracket gets interference from the bolts on the x-member. I reversed mine, and cut some from the bracket, and rewelded.... A better way might be to remove the interfering bolts and weld up the holes. We had to remove quit a bit of material for the bolt heads to sink in there, and it was right where the down bracket is welded to the horizontal bracket