1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge '05 and Boss V installation?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by kgb, Dec 5, 2005.

1. kgb

kgb Member
    from nj

Hi everyone!
    Happy snow!!!!!!!
    Anyway, just got Boss (bit used) and have installation/ wiring question on Dodge '05 Diesel 2500 (should be the same from 03-05).
    Is any good place or spot to mount relays, solenoid and connecting ignition wite (color code).
    How the heck can you connect wires to the headlights, I can't even get to the back of them? I tried to remove headlights (found 3 bolts) but still can't take them out.
    By any chance, anyone has pic's of wired truck (under the hood?)
    Let it snow!!!!!!!!!!!!(just wait please 'till I'm done with installation)
    Thanx!

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

They make pig tails for the headlights, they have three plugs, so all you do is unplug the light and install thees and plug you truck lights in one side and your plows in the other. as for mounting the relays in one truck we removed the batt and put them on the back side of the radiator support, on the other truck we mounted them on the fire wall by the break booster.

3. kgb

kgb Member
    from nj

Thanx, Bud!
    Yes, I have harness kit with light plugs, but I can't even get behind the headlights... Wander what I will have to do if I have to change the bulb in the future. Someone "realy" thought about it when designing the truck.

4. kgb

kgb Member
    from nj

I just ckecked again, and looks like the relays have to go somewere near driver side headlight (cable is short going to the relays).

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The headlights take a bit of a tug straight out once you get the 3 bolts out, Just remember that when you put the bumper back on from the mount install not to push it all the way up or you wont be able to get the lights back out in the future with out loosening the bumper up.

6. kgb

kgb Member
    from nj

You the best!
    Thanx!

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Forgot to add, while you have the drivers side headlight out you might as well run your power cable and control harness for the plow through that opening and around the front of the radiator since thats about the only place to run the darn things.