1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dodge 03 turbo deisel

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ED922, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ED922

ED922 Junior Member

looking to replace my turbo for a 5.9 deisel motor high out put high pressure rail. if any one can help me out it would be great

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i got a turbo off an 06 cummins auto. it had 14k miles on it when my buddy took it out of his truck. (bought a larger turbo) 600 bucks +shipping takes it home. i can get the #'s off it and take pics .

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That should work. I've seen them on ebay too.

4. ED922

ED922 Junior Member

if you could get the pics and #s that would be great i really appreciate the help

5. sno commander

from ct

ok ill get pics and #'s in a few hours. i would do some research just to make sure. this was on a 325 hp 610 torque motor,so im not sure if the electronics are the same. i just dont want to sell you something that dosent work.

6. sno commander

from ct

heres some pics theres a ton of numbers on it so i got the type #.
    the type # is HE351cw

turbo 010.jpg

turbo 012.jpg

turbo 013.jpg

7. ED922

ED922 Junior Member

ok thanks im heading out to the shop i will check the number and see if it will work. ill get back to in a couple hours thanks again

8. ED922

ED922 Junior Member

sno commander how do you know what model on the turbo? i could not really read the numbers on the old one is there a r4 model? this was the only visible numbers

9. sno commander

from ct

it was labeled on the waste gate actuator. i wonder if you could call a dodge dealer and see if they are the same part number. that might be easier because there are a ton of numbers on them.
    where was the r4 that you saw.

10. ED922

ED922 Junior Member

i seen it after where it says holset

11. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

An 06 turbo will not work on an 03 truck. The wastegate on the 03 is mechanical vs electric on the 06 and the downpipe on the 06 is 4 inch vs 3.5 inch on the 03. There could be other differences as well. They are not the same.

12. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Let me rephrase that, it is not a direct replacement. You will have to get some other parts to make it work. I have found www.cumminsforum.com to be a very helpful place to get all my Cummins Dodge questions answered.

13. ED922

ED922 Junior Member

ok thank you i will check it out and get back to you later on i got to make a plow run and then ill get back to you thank you agin you have been very helpfull in this time of need