1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Documenting Pre-season Damage

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Avdiosuite, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Avdiosuite

Avdiosuite Junior Member
    from bedford

Hey Guys,

I am new to this site, and to this field of work. I have been with my company since the end of the snow season last year, so this will be my first crack at it. With that being said, being one of the forward thinking and dependable landscapers, I have been thrusted into a half Supervising/ half managing position.

One of the action items given to me from my Operations Manager was to get the Resident Managers of our commercial properties to sign off on a preseason damage report. I was hoping that maybe someone else here has found themself having to do this in the past and would be able to give me a little insight to their approach.

Look forward to hearing back from you guys!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Like this?

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I usually just send them pictures by email, it's pretty much the same as a date stamp.HTH
  4. Avdiosuite

Avdiosuite Junior Member
    from bedford

I have gotten it this far, its now my manager wants me to have them sign off on. Basically I am assuming to make sure we cover our asses and have them sign off saying that the damages were already done. Have any of you made an actual Word/Text file?
  5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Did you already note any/all existing damages to each property? I'd imagine you just need to list any damage, let them know and have them sign. If they have questions, you can go out and visually show them the pre existing damage. Not a big deal.
  6. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Holy crap, that's some pretty bad concrete there. Hope your not the one plowing that.