1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Docs or any info on RT1..

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jnjpream, Nov 7, 2010.

1. jnjpream

jnjpream Junior Member
    from CO

Hi I'm wondering if anybody has any information on a 8'2" V RT1? I would like to mount it on a 96 dodge 1/2 ton (just local plowing) and I'm looking for any info to help me get it mounted and plowing.

I found an old 87 Chevy mount manual and it says to remove the bumper if I've read it right.. It this a common thing for the RT1?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
    Jeff

2. koosh925

koosh925 Junior Member

3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Yes you will need to remove the bumper to mount your RT1 to the truck, then mount your bumper to the plow frame with the bracket provied with the mounting kit, that will be the fun part finding the mounting kit for a plow that old, I mounted a RT1 to a 89 chev 2500 and was unable to find a mounting kit for chev's I did find some for ford's and dodge's but only certain year's. I made my own mount for the chev and I will find out how it works out this year. good luck finding a mount.

4. jnjpream

jnjpream Junior Member
    from CO

Thanks Koosh925, but that is for the RT2.

Maverjohn, did you mount the pump under the hood, or did you mount it to the lift frame somehow? Do you have any pictures of the mount available? I figured I'd have to fab a mount, but it would be nice to have an installed reference to build from.

Jeff

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  5. jnjpream

jnjpream Junior Member
    from CO

maverjohn, if that mount doesn't work out, let me know.. The plow I have has a chevy mount with it..

6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I will let you know how it works out, here is the place that had some dodge mounts,
    UNITED TRUCK BODY Co # (218) 729-6000

7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I mounted the pump and motor under the lift frame and the control valve under the hood removed the 12in hoses and added two 36in hoses to do this and the plow works fine, sorry no pics