1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do your Ressi Customers B*$#^ out about this too?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gottaluvplows, Dec 30, 2009.

1. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

Ok so last week my guy was using the Isuzu Npr dump and plowed as close to this tree that hangs over the driveway as possible.Then the customer Always B%$#&'s out about. I tell him in the spring and fall "I can trim it back so it doesn't scratch my truck in the winter or you can just be happy when i dont plow half of your driveway! (in a polite way of course) i attempted to draw a pic in Paint of my scenario.
    Do you guy Care if branches and stuff scratch up your truck??

snow.jpg

2. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

I would not be plowing driveways with a NPR, mine never leaves the shop. The fact that the truck is higher than anything else other people are plowing drives with does help. Do I care about tree limbs scratching my Jeeps...no, they are all well worn in

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

If it is a lot I do regularly and have branch's rub the truck then I bring a hand saw the next push and take care of it myself.

I can't stand branch's and what not rubbing the paint as it takes enough abuse already from the salt.

4. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I always by pre scratched and dented trucks for work so I don't care too terribly bad. I tend to throw firewood and busted concrete in/at them.

Now if I were to have a new or mint truck for work, I wouldn't want it getting scratched up, nor would I expect someone to scratch theirs up doing anything for me.

5. Premier

Premier Senior Member

why cant you prune the tree back right now? thats what i have done in the past.

6. gottaluvplows

I Dont know how you guys do it! I Loved my ZTR (jeep) i could do driveways in like a min!
    I just hate then since they cant pull a big/landscape trailer or anything! And the NPR usually
    Doesnt go residential Like last week we were just having tons of problems(subs didnt show,Sub's Tranny Broke) There for the 300 driveways we do were suffering so we put the Iszuzu and the Kodiak on driveways after the commercial stuff was done:nod: (in addition to the other 4 trucks that were plowing drives)
    We make it work!xysport

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If there are tree branches hanging down I will ask the person if I can cut them back and they usualy let me. I hate it when I hit a branch and so much snow comes down on the windshield that I have to stop and clean it off.

8. gottaluvplows

I have asked, I have Offered to do it free They say no! The other person said yes after i said FREE! And really i cant go prune it with out his approval. So right now im just making it look really bad under the tree.

9. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Tree hugger

I was at a location a few years back (Tall Timbers condo's) Get a call on the radio from one of the drivers for me to come up to where they are. Problem with a tenant get there in about a minute and there is a CRAZY women sceaming and yelling at my driver. I ask what is the problem thinking we hit something or someone is injured. She informs me we are killing the tree in the parking lot that we have pushed snow onto and the salt we applied will kill the tree. She gets out her broom from the front walk and cleans the bark of the tree. I just look at her shake my head. Dont damage your stuff just plow as close as you can and move on if they complain tell them why.