1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you think this is worth the price?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowish10, Mar 1, 2012.

1. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

I found a 4-6 year old western wideout, the guy wants $3,000 for the blade, receivers, and controller? Suggestions, you think thats a fair price for this blade?

wideout.jpg

wideout1.jpg

2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I dont know about the Western version but I have seen several Blizzard 8-10s in the $2,000-$2,500 range this season...

3. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

Id say yes IMHO, doesnt look like its in that bad of condition

4. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Theres a little rust on the back side, but that can be fixed.

5. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

just go buy a new one. Seriously do yourself a favor.

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I could see if he was selling the plow in the fall he could fetch 3000 for it with the right buyer. I would buy a new one next fall. If you pay 3000 for that one you are only 2600 from a new one with a 2 year warranty and no worries about worn parts or how it was treated. Offer the guy 2000 cash and see what he says. If he is desperate for money he may bite. Good Luck

7. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I dont think it seems to be that bad of a price. Sure for double you can have a new one but why? Sure a warranty is nice but lets be honest, nothing is going to really go wrong in the first two years and if it does it probably wouldn't be covered :rolleyes:.

Did Western even make the Wideout 4-6 years ago? I thought they were only like 3 years old?

I would drive to Chicago for it if he'd take $2500...