1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you think this is a mistake ??????

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by ernest, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ernest

ernest Member

I'm a first time plower - I'm considering getting 2 C plows for our trucks. The dilemma is the dealer is 45 min. away. I have a Boss, Western , and Curtis dealer with service within 5 to 10 min. from my house - is it a bad move not to use someone so much closer ?
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

What is your reasoning behind choosing hiniker over the others?
  3. ernest

ernest Member

C plow

The hiniker Cplow eliminates a back blade. check it out - it looks pretty sweet .go to www.hiniker.com
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think you really need that rev blade for back dragging, most normal blades work fine. It looks like something else to go wrong. IMO. Anybody out there used one of those blades for 3 or 5 years. Just wondering how they stand up. I shouldn't really judge a blade I have never used.
  5. ernest

ernest Member

By a normal blade do you mean a regular back blade? the c - plow is about 5k installed but it would eliminate the need for your typical backblade - thats what sounds good.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I mean a front blade that does not flip over. I have never used a back blade before but the advantage to them, is your truck is always going the same direction. An 8 or 9ft straight blade will generally back drag fairly well on there own. I'm just not sold on the flip blade, that's why I wanted to hear from people that have used one. Around here I have only seen one Hiniker blade in my life.
  7. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

im not sold on it either. im generally a fisher guy. i must admit though that looks like a nice blade. id be interested in knowing how well it holds up too. think you could lay that down like that and scrape your front steps off instead of shoveling? im the kind of person that would try it.
    it does look nice. i say try it. go buy them. if something breaks let us all know so we know.

8. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I have owned a c-plow for about seven years and it has been perfectly reliable. For residential work, it is definately superior for backdragging clean down to the pavement. I would only want this plow for driveways. I also have a blizzard power plow and find that to be absolutely perfect for commercial work.
  9. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

why for only driveways.......??
  10. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

can you put wings on the c plow?? if so that would make it great for com work too... got a buddy who has run a c blade for 3-4 yrs also and he loves it and works great... that's why i replaced my meyer with a hiniker. oh and the price was right
  11. glockg23

glockg23 Member

My Hiniker experience

My Hiniker 8' C-plow experience
    3 seasons off of a Hiniker from a 7 year Northern Plow
    I have been plowing the exact same lots for the last ten years,

The Northern plow had faster and stronger hydraulics
    but Hiniker has excellent hand held control

My Hiniker is now forming a reverse V-Plow what i mean by that is the ends are bending in towards the truck so the material used i.e. steel thickness and or hardness is inferior to the Northern Plow

I don't know maybe my plow is defective, accidentally made with weak steel

Click on link for a larger image

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  12. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I plow my 5 foot wide paver walkway with my 8 ft plow lol. By time I get home, the last thing I want to plow is my own house.
  13. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

My old meyer was like that, but not till i hit a man hole cover with it lol.
  14. sweetlou48096

sweetlou48096 Junior Member
    from 48096

Absolutely not..........I have the 8' C with the Box Ends, which turns my plow into an 8 1/2' by the time they strech out. Trust me, back dragging with ANY normal plow isn't even close to what the HINIKER
    "C" plow does. After you back drag, you are looking a black top or cement, unless you have Ice frozen
    to the surface, and then you just drop the 800lb blade down, it cracks the ice and pull again. NOTHING COMPARES. As far as your dealer being that far away, Hiniker is the lowest maintenance
    plow on the market and anybody who's anybody plowing snow keeps the main replacement parts in their truck. BIGGEST THING..........IF YOU DO YOUR STORAGE MAINTENANCE EACH YEAR, YOU WILL HAVE VERY FEW PROBLEMS DURING PUSHING SEASON.....good luck with your choice.
  15. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I own an 8' steel c-plow and it works great. Very reliable. And it scrapes very well on driveways, right down to the pavement.
  16. glockg23

glockg23 Member

I wish it was that simple, then I would not feel like I was shorted in my choice of snowplows,

All of my lots are private lots with no man hole covers, Two of the lots have un-choice concrete, the rest are just fine. A different pair of lots do have curbs, but like I noted before these are the same lots I have always had.

The Northern plow, cut these lots for 7 years with no ill effects to the plow.

oh one other thing i like about Hiniker snowplow is that it has a large cutting blade that you do not have flip over, half way through it's life. With the Northern blade the bolt holes are in the middle, so I had unbolt it and flip it then bolt it back on.
  17. rredd13

rredd13 Member
    from ontario

we have had hiniker plows since 1994 and the original first one we bought is still being used to day on our oldest truck being a 2002....I can honestly say the only thing that has been done to it is the cuting edge ...never touch a hyd. line or electrical line ...still the original controler!!! and with the others being a v plow and and 2 scoop plows they have been the same....TELL THE DEALER TO TAKE THE WARRENTY OFF THE PURCHASE PRICE ...YOU WONT NEED IT IN MY OPINION.

18. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

Well said rred going on 14 years and still Drift busting

I also own a 1994 Hiniker 8 foot blade first few off the line when they came out in 94.I still run the same plow today with prowings on it on a chevy 1/2 ton.No pump problems, or electrical hell even had original hoses up until 2005 .Only modifying i did was reinforced behind the cutting edge with a 2 inch1/4" piece of 8' channel . Mine was Bowing after the 10th year but what can i say i push that girl hardplowing over 30 commercial accounts , township plowing and them sucky endless driveways .The Back drag blade is sweet with the down pressure and yes it will cut packed ice and snow like you wont believe. Reason i dont own one is i keep tall cutting edges on my plows allowing room for snow to stack behind the blade and more frequent plowing before it gets packed down.
  19. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

C plows work awesome at back dragging. if hiniker made a combo V/C plow i would buy it in a heart beat lol.