1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you think this is a good deal on a 350?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by snowplower1, Oct 23, 2015.

1. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

My friend that has a dealer just got this trade in and I was already planning on buying a new truck but he told me about this. Low mileage because it was only used for plowing and kept on a single lot he told me. He also said it's in very good shape.

Here are the specs on the Ford:

2012 Ford F350 Super Duty. Only 15,702 miles.

--Reg Cab 4X4
    --XL Trim Package
    --6.2 V8 with 6 speed Auto Trans.
    --upgraded 3.73 electronic locking axle
    --power windows, locks, and mirrors
    --electronic shift on the fly 4X4
    --engine block heater
    --snow plow prep package
    --roof clearance lights
    --upfitter switches
    --cloth 40/20/40 seat
    --Air Conditioning

Asking Price 28,995

Discounted friends price- 25,841 (plus tax)

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Id go new with warranty
    Unless frame is rust free which I doubt probably was plowed hard and not taken care of

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

For about 10 grand more, I would buy new. That truck is already 4 years old.

4. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

10 grand more, but probably 0% interest too... If you don't pay in cash, you'll probably be out 3-5k in interest alone. Regular cab's can be had pretty cheap new (vs ext or crew)

5. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I'd pass on it as well.

6. snowplower1

Hmm maybe I'll stick to my original plan and buy new. Besides my cousin works for gm so I'm pretty sure he can get me a wicked deal like 8k off new. We haven't had any of the new chevys in a while, anyone here have good experience with the 15s?

7. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

woah woah woah... We didn't say anything about buying a GM. :p Get the used Ford then :D

8. snowplower1

I drive a 2015 F350 so I'm with ya there! But if I can get 8k off a new chevy it's hrd to justify buying anything else even though I'm not all for chevy

9. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Money off every manufacturers inflated price means nothing. Its what you actually pay that does regardless of how many thousands they try to show you they are saving.

10. snowplower1

Well when buying new I get my regular price and ik when they raise it higher cause we've bought enough trucks but then I get my discount because it's not actually through the dealer

11. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

a friend just got a GM because the price was rite and hates it, it rides like a tank on square wheels compared to the fords.
    he is going to be going back to a F-350 as soon as his son takes over the GM.
    the kid is young and likes the stiff ride.

12. snowplower1

Well I'll consider that but I couldn't imagine it being worst than my 350. That thing is horrible on bumps. I love that truck and I wouldn't drive anything else but I'll admit it handles horribly. I'll obviously test drive the new chevy so ik its not worst but this truck is also for one of the workers

13. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Don't forget its Truck month at Chevy! There are some sweet deals in my neck of the woods Ive seen online.

14. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Don't forget it's Ford Truck Year again,.....think its going on 34 years.

15. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I clicked on this thread by accident,is this the insane asylum group meeting place? ufo's.loch ness monster,bigfoot,getting paid by nationals,and loyal ford owners! yikes back to the real world of the superior duramax/Allison combo and my super model wife!(real women love chevy/gmc) Carry on tin foil people!

16. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

96% of the chevy trucks made are still on the road. the other 4% found a ford tow truck to drag them back to the dealer for repair.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015