1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you think I need timbrens on my Jeep?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by penberth, Oct 15, 2003.

1. penberth

penberth Member

Just installed my plow this summer. It doesn't look to sag that much. The truck has a mild lift, about 2.5", and the front coils were replaced with heavier duty coils which came with the lift kit. Here are some pictures:

Blade up:
    [​IMG]

Blade down:
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think? I can get other pictures if you want.

2. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

Do the tires rub turning with the plow up ? If so, then yes I would get them.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2003
  3. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

Have you driven with the plow yet? I think it would be a good idea to install them. They help on 3/4 ton trucks, so I think they would help the jeep a lot.

4. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

Although you may be able to run without them it couldnt hurt to add them.

Seth

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Even if it doesn't sag much,you should still install the Timbrens.Better handling,less bottoming,etc are a few of the benefits.

Timbrens also help dramatically when stacking and piling snow,as your putting a huge strain on the front end.

If you have a lift,you will need to fab spacers to drop the Timbrens down the same distance as the amount of lift you added.You may be able to use extended bump stops to make them