1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you think a tractor can plow 1 acre in 10 min?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JD Dave, Jan 18, 2009.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a 95 hp JD 7220 with a 1985 Frink 14 ft power angle blade my dad bought new in 85. I actually could have went a bit faster but for some reason the rev limiter on the tractor was only letting me get 1900 rpm, figures when I'm shooting a vid.

[​IMG]

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Back dragging.
    [​IMG]

3. KCB

KCB Senior Member

That was sweet!! I sure bet it can with nothing in the way:D
    Those tractors have "power reverser" right?

4. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like the pusher has a steel edge on it! LOL;) Scrapes good :cool:

BTW: I was really expecting to hear Shania Twain singin on the radio! lol :drinkup: :waving:

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's not a pusher and Shania was riding beside me.

Yes they do.

6. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Sweet! Sometimes I wish we had a big power angle blade! Not that we really need it now that we have pushers, but it would still be fun to have!!

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I actually like running both but a pusher is generally more productive. A 12 ft pusher will carrry more snow then a 14 ft angle blade. We actually try to work a pusher and an angle blade together and that works out sweet.

8. KCB

KCB Senior Member

Ya, you can hear the shift and the backup buzzer go as you were still pushing into the pile, then zoom away in reverse, like it was nothing.

9. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Nice vids. there are some people on here who will still say it cant be done. Those JDs are the RR of tractors.:drinkup:

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks Paul.:drinkup:

11. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Did you figure out the rev limiter?

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

JD is coming in the morning to do the 100 hr free services on the 7830 and 7130, so they'll look at it then. We actually had a Deere breakdown last night also, the shuttle shift stopped working, wouldn't gpo forward or reverse. The first time we've ever had a mechanical failure with them. It was bound to happen sometime, this is the 5th season for them.

13. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Nice vids JD. :drinkup:

14. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Love the videos, keep posting JD.

15. cretebaby

Did you check the knob by the right window?

16. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

JD - that is awesome I wish I could get some of my guys to work 1/2 that fast! LOL

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yes but that knob has caused alot of tension in the past. LOL

18. cretebaby

My old man cussed his 7220 for 6 months when it was new until we discovered that little knob :drinkup:

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I could see that happening. LOL

20. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

JD, im sure that machine was a gear and not hydro trans.. but for the hydro guys. what do you think is more productive for this type of work? since i havnt used my new one yet.

set throttle high and just use hydro pedals forward/reverse with a box or blade or

let it rev up/down as you want to go faster or slower?

My 09 4720 has e-throttle which is new to this model at least, i can hit the switch set it to darn near idle and then as i pretty the go pedal down more, it throttles up to full throttle and cruises a long good.

If i start pushing snow that we may one day get in NJ, would it be better to use the e-throttle just ton conserve a little fuel?