1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you spray the inside of your snowblowers.......

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by alwayz-plowin, Dec 3, 2010.

1. alwayz-plowin

alwayz-plowin Senior Member

Hey i will be using my snow blower again for the first time in 3 years all i remember in the past is the chute clogging!!!!! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Do any of you spay the inside of the snow blower's chute(?) with anything
    like...... Dont laugh!!! I've heard of people spraying PAM inside there.....

i really dont blame the snowblower it self its some new honda paddle though about 2_" HS520A
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I spray the inside of mine with Fluid Film. cuts back on the clogs, as well as prevents rust. My snowblower is 12 years old, and still looks like it did the day I bought it.
  3. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

x2 with the fluid film. If you are going to clog......most likely nothing is going to stop it. I just like how fluid film protects from rust.
  4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

clear silicone, ie garys it, castle silicone spray...i spray the entire machine to help keep it ice free. reapplication depends on how much you are using it. if coated properly it will throw slush
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Fliud Film is the best choice

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

fluid film will do the trick and protect the blower at the same time
  7. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Fluid Film here also. Great stuff!!
  8. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

For the FF boys on here, do you just spray directly out of the can or do you spray and then rub in a la a car wax.
  9. alwayz-plowin

alwayz-plowin Senior Member

only problem for me is they dont sell FF out here!

FYI: Just reread my first post Spelling!!!!!
  10. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

11. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

SPRAY the FF on....no rubbing required
  12. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

There is a spray called Snow - Jet I think, its made by the same people who make Mow - Deck. I have not got to use it yet but have ordered it and waiting for it. You should be able to google Mow - Deck and find it on their site.
  13. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I take a propane torch and a large candle and heat up the wax and rub it on as much of the chute area as possible. Snow doesn't stick at all and the wax lasts most of the winter. I do my plow and shovels the same way. It's WAY cheaper then FF.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  14. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

The product may be cheaper, but once you factor in your labor, the propane, and so on, I would bet it's a wash. Not to mention I haven't seen a candle company that is a sponsor here.
  15. slave2lawns

slave2lawns Member

Wow, I have never herd that before. Hey, what ever works.
  16. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

would ski wax do the same thing?
  17. b&b landscapes

b&b landscapes Member

ski wax here...... MUCH better than FF...... Its designed for skis, hmmmmmmmmm.....
  18. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

We bolted on the Clarence 0-clearance kit this year. Will see if it helps with clogs. /smllengns.tripod.com
  19. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Generally I WD-40 my blower on the inside and the chute. Thinking about Fluid Film though, I've used it before and was happy with it, just never got around to actually ordering some.
  20. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

I don't remember what exactly it is called but I do spray my snowblower with something similar to pam for snow