1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you run through your lots before a storm?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bad Luck, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

This past storm I got enough to push, but one of my lots has piles of steel studs in the back. I was pushing along side one of them and I hear a thud and see something fly up out of the snow. It was a stud. A bunch had fallen off the pallet and they were all laying under the snow, unknown to me. No damage to anythign but I was wonderign if any of you guys do. Just to get one last mental image before the snow falls. :gunsfiring:
  2. R.M Hanson

R.M Hanson Junior Member

It pays to drive thru

I always try to drive thru all my accounts the day or evening befor a storm. It gives you time to move any obstacles like trash cans or alert the property owner to have people move cars to a different area and such. A little bit of effort the day before can sure save a lot of headaches. A lot of customers actually like this because it shows that you care about them and their properties.
  3. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

Walk through

Hey Badluck where in NJ are you?
  4. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

We try to take digital pics of the lot before it snows to show any obsticals that you wouldn't see under snow. Also it is nice to take pics after you've cleaned the lot for references of what is cleaned and where piles are placed for new plow operators. You know the old saying " A picture is worth a thousand words".
  5. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Absolutely...one of the acct's are sloppy with the crates and mainly nails.
  6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I have plowed the same accounts for so long I could almost do them with my eyes closed. I do drive by before the first snow EVERY year and look for (and note on my route sheets) any changes, but not before storms. Anything they leave somethere it shouldn't be shouldn;t be there.... if you get my drift.
  7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I wish I could but the lots are over 45 mins away. So nope