1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you know if there's an two in one snowplower-lawnmower type of tractor?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hanserus, Apr 25, 2007.

1. hanserus

hanserus Junior Member

... which is preferrably a zero turn as well?

2. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

steiger or steiner (one of the two)...they're red and articulated
  3. hanserus

hanserus Junior Member

The chap in the home depot store said that it's basically an add on feature equipment which I can purchase for any any riding lawnmower. Is what he's saying correct?
  4. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

Walker mowers, I have a blower for it along with mower, broom, plow
  5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

If you're talking a homeowner type model I think Cub Cadet is the only one who offers one.
    Cub Cadet i1000

Commercial you'll have a few more options, some of them better than others.
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

7. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

^That thing Mark posted is AWESOME!!^ definetely not for homeowners though xysport
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Ive always wondered what those things run for with the conversion....big $$$ i'm sure...anyone know?
  9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

72" mower deck, debris blower, tracks, cab, and broom, about $34K.
  10. hanserus

hanserus Junior Member

Thanks for everyone's help guys.

I need a residential unit, 48"-52" blade and zero-point turn. In terms of brands I'm considering either John Deere or Cub Cadet. The return on investment i'll be getting is good and price is really not that much of an issue.

I'll dig deeper into the links and info you have provided first thing tomorrow morning. If anyone has any more suggestions, please don't consider it a big chore to post it up.

11. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Grasshopper brand probably would be the best, they have been doing the mower/blower thing for a while. It is a commercial unit and will hold up well, you can get them propane run also.
  12. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Walkers the only way to go...
  13. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

14. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Walker period. Grasshopper is a close 2nd. If the 07-08 winter turns out to be a killer season. A walker diesel will be getting purchase for mowing my house and my house only. Then get a plow and cab for it for winter time. But only if we get a good season.
  15. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Old thread but i thought that JD offers(ed) one of those as well?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I have seen some on ebay that you can mount onto a Z. It is basically the same setup as what they put on the riding mowers for homeowners.
  17. mdcougar

mdcougar Junior Member
    from Utah

I'm a homeowner looking for the best system I can use for mowing/plowing around my home. I have an acre lot with lots of concrete. I bought a 2-stage snow blower that works pretty well, but it takes me 1 to 1.5 hours to clear all my concrete when it snows. That's too much time for my taste.

I used to have a Walker mower ( http://www.walkermowers.com ) a few years back. Is that the same machine you're talking about? I loved that mower, and if their snow removal options work as well as the mower, then I'm sold.
  18. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Yep. The only complain about the walker, is its electric lift. Which is the only thing I like about the grasshopper as its hydraulic. But otherwise everyone I know who has one, swears by them. I have only got to play with on for a couples of minutes. But have spent tons of hours mowing with them and nothing is better at picking up leaves.
  19. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

20. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I have idea. Do you want heavy duty small garden tractor? google on case or ingersoll garden tractors.

What I heard which is best ZTR is ferris which very good for mow grass.

For snow duty I would choose Ingersoll 4000 series with snowblower it best snowmachine you have see before.