1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you just salt and let ice break up on its own?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by polarplowing, Nov 30, 2006.

1. polarplowing

polarplowing Member

This is my first year salting lots and sidewalks. I run a mixed salt containing Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, and Potassium Chloride (higher concentration of Calcium Chloride). I have no problems with the parking lots and driveways, with the heavy traffic and heat generated from the tires. But I do have issues with the sidewalks not melting down completely and clients not wanting to pay to plow up the melted snow/ice.

I was wondering how you guys do it. Do you just salt and let it break up on it's own, or do you go back after a couple of hours and plow it away? If you do plow it, do you include that in the price of the salting?

Just trying to see what everyone else is doing. Thanks for your help.

Ryan

2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

If you go back, then you bill again unless this was built into the original price.