1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you help your dealer??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LwnmwrMan22, Dec 1, 2005.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Just wondering.....

I'm dealing with a guy that's alot closer to my house than the previous one, which was about 35 miles away.

Now I've got a guy that's about 15 miles away, but he's just starting out.

The deal is, he's a guy that used to plow snow, but got tired, like most of us, of having to be up all night, waiting for it to be time to plow, and then not having anything to plow now.

So, he's started a plow shop and is basically living from plow sale to plow sale until he gets things going.

Now I already refer all the plow questions I can to him, and even on here I've sent some guys to him looking for parts and whatnot.

Anyways, I go there and tell him of things he should stock, little gadget money maker type deals that he could use to get some extra bucks out of people.

Just like www.whitenight.com lights, I told him he should get 10-15 sets in, and then when he's $200-300 higher than the next guy, he could say "Hey, I'll throw in a set of these lights for you.

Or Just flat out sell them for $100 - 150 each.

Or that he should make his own, and throw them in on the deals.

In return, he's putting on the new cutting edges for my Boss V-plow, so we can see if they're any good or not, to see how they hold up.
  2. fourspeedfish

fourspeedfish Member

if you think he has it together, he will be your best asset in the future...get them from the ground running