1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

do you have health care ?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by carl b, Dec 14, 2008.

1. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

how many of you guys have it ? if so do you have though the wife . or how ?

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I have a part time job (20 hours per week) that keeps me insured. Health, Dental, Vision runs me about $12 total every 2 weeks!

3. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

I have it.....I pay for it.

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I pay $500 a month for it, Just me.

5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i pay about $80 per month for a high deductable....a guy has to have insurance, you can't afford the hospital bill if you don't....my wife gets hers through her work....

6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I have GHI--part of Healthy NY---meant for guys like us,self employed--certain parameters have to be right,overall it's been real good.I pay $290 a month just for me.Covers everything except dental and eyes.

7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

have it since i got tossed off my parents policy when I graduated college a couple years ago. costs me about $200/mo. my rates are better than most since i'm a non-smoking, 25 year old male that is in top physical condition wesport

8. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

last year I was 28 with out it.. now i have $ 10,000 to $14,000 left on a $63,000 dollar tab . The last time I cut it one week to the day I had to go . So I was thinking I have to keep it .

9. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Yes I have coverage through my wife. Health care and a hysterectomy, the 2 main reasons I married her!! :D

10. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

$320 a month for me and the wife and kids on a MSA. $100 of that goes into my account to pay Dr. bills.

11. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

i have nothing and havent for 3 years now. I have been uninsured more of my adult life than insured. I have a policy ready for me too start up in the spring though so hopefully I wont have any issues. I never been to the hospitol but once and the doctor about 3 times in the last 10 years. Its getting time for me to get it though. Turning 30 in a year :eek!

12. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I have it, costs us $350 a month and covers everything over and above OHIP.

13. I don't have dental or vision but in terms of "health care" we Canadians are covered by OHIP. We don't pay for any medical visits, hospital stays etc.

Its great up here. We can abuse ourselves to the limit and get that heart transplant free of charge. LOL

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Great but what happens if you need alot of expensive medication? You still need to protect yourself if the unexpected happens.

15. Cash

Cash Junior Member

Just got set up with HI after being without for three years at least.

Found some good bargains through www.ehealthinsurance.com

I have a plan through Aetna with a 3000 dollar deductible/ 15 dollar co pay for 174 a month and I smoke.

Lots of plans with different companies and different deductibles and copays in the 150-225 per month range fellas.

No physicals required and it was easy to set up.

16. Very true. Thankfully I have never needed any expensive meds. I dont smoke and take good care of myself. Workout in the gym 5 days per week and watch what I eat.

17. jason t.

jason t. Member

I have it through my wife. She is a school teacher, the only reason she works is for the bennis'.

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You better touch some wood my freind.:drinkup:

19. LOL bud it has been many years since I worked for someone else and had healthcare. I went through being run over by a drunk driver which broke my skull and neck putting me in a wheelchair for almost a year. And still managed without prescription insurance.

I am considering different options for my staff however. If you have someone to recommend for health insurance / benefits I'd appreciate any leads you can offer.

20. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

yep i got it cose small business look them up if you run a small business thats the place 2 join