1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do You Have A Headache Rack On Your Truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mercer_me, Apr 20, 2010.

?

Do You Have A Headache Rack On Your Truck?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    58.2%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. No, but I'm planing on puting one on my truck.

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have a headache rack on my Tundra. I built it rite after I bought my Tundra. I built it with bed rails that go down the hole lenght of the body. I have 2 back up lights and 1 strobe light on it. I like having so I can't put a peice of fire wood or my ATV through the back window. My camera is broke, so when I get a new camera I will take a few pictures of it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Looking to buy or build my own

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I built mine and a few other guys on here have some of mine on their trucks

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have any pics you could post?

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I have the saftey rack style on both trucks one I brought one I made

6. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I made myslef one in shop class, but recently cut it up and started re-working it, I think it will come out reall nice when its all done I even took the time to draw it out in AutoCAD wesport

7. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

8. M.S.P.M.

M.S.P.M. Senior Member

i have a saftey style rack on my truck that i made, it saved my window a few times.

9. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

I just bought a Back Rack today, pushed the issue with the wife for my birthday to get it now...using the fact I just wired up my 6 head strobe kit yesterday and need to get a backrack so I could set up the last two strobe heads on the rack instead of having them blocked by the back rack if I put them in the cargo lamp on the back of cab...so she got sick of me explaining it to her in complete detail and she surrendered...haha...once I get it in and mount it I will post some pics with the new Rack and some of the strobes and what not..to be continued!

10. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

turns out www.buyautotruckaccessories.com was on back order for BackRacks, so Anthony gave me a great offer on the Pro Rack, same price as BackRack and then added the plowsite discount...saved me roughly $15 on the purchase of already the lowest price I could find on these things....good service, great customer service, and should be on the door step in about 3 days!...Cant wait to throw it on the truck this weekend and start looking for some work lights...any reccomendations?