1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you guys use "flaps for spreaders???

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by gottaluvplows, Feb 13, 2010.

1. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

Hope u dont mind "ohioGreenWorks" Thx!

compared to
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good but the flaps could have been higher to cover the bumper. When they are hanging to low backing over snow can wreck them. Once you use your spreader once you can soon see where the flaps need to be.:drinkup:
  3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I use rubber roofing material and it is rivited to the bottom of the spreader so it covers the back of the box and the whole bumper as well as you hitch
  4. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

Nice pic! lol I have since removed that system since virtually no salt got under the truck. Next year I will be putting a horse stall mat under the spreader and letting it curl down behind the spinner, I think that will be more productive than the flaps I had before.
  5. triadpm

triadpm Member
    from 21771

I have the same spreader and the only place I get salt is on the bumber in front of the tag. Its only a couple of handfulls so I just wipe it out each load.
  6. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

This what we use its rubber roofing stuff got it from home depot IMG_0251.jpg

7. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

So i guess you would have to put your plate on the spreader???:dizzy:

i knew you would love it! lol:drinkup:

ohhhh thats a good idea! but like i said above you would have to relocate your plate..
  8. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We use conveyor belting material from a quarry.
  9. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Nope, never moved my plate for the last 6 or 7 years, no problems
  10. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Same here.I was going to use my conveyor belting over my bumper and let it hang down some but the SS deflector on the SD does the job just fine.
  11. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I put a tarp in the bed and magnets to hold it to the sides and a thick piece plywood on top of the tarp.
    I let the tarp hang off the back, when I'm done each storm I take it out and go and wash everything to be safe. I have one of those Curtis 1/3 yard sander so there is a lot of sand that goes into the bed when loaded.