1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you guys spray walks if so how?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by gottaluvplows, Feb 6, 2010.

1. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

Got asked to spray this commercial walk...Do you guys do this??
    If so how? (like w/ what?)

My father suggested this:
    [​IMG]

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We are looking to do the same thing. We use liquid on 99% of our accounts now and just need to experiment with it on sidewalks. We have an Echo commercial sprayer like that and I think it will work. As always, you need to rinse out after using it. This next storm we're "supposed" to get, we're going to try it out. As far as filling it up, you can just buy a small 100 or 200 gallon p/u tank with a manual valve to shut it off and maybe some reducers from the typical 2" fittings from the tank and you might need some chem. resistant garden hose. The only thing I'm going to run into is capacity. A typical 4gallon sprayer is about all thats out there and they get heavy. I know they make a liquid w/b spreader for around 300-400 bucks. Let me know how it works out for ya. :waving:

3. Snowdog22

Snowdog22 Junior Member

I know this is only possible if you have a small tractor but it works good using a tank on the back of them. We have a 455 with cab, blower, and a 25 gallon tank on the back with a tip that sprays about 40 inches wide. I believe it has a 2 gpm pump. Works well.

4. We really like the shurflo srs 600 or the new earthway s25 push sprayer.. Check them out...

5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I have been looking at the Ossian LS sidwalk sprayer. Looks really cool, but cannot find anyone with experience with it. Searching on here found one guy with problems, but who knows if he used the right materials thru it or abused it etc. Would like to hear of other people's experiences with it before I go drop that kind of money on one.

6. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

They make inserts for lesco wb spreaders, or use the hose reel on a skid spray unit?