1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you guys charge per LB or ton

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Omran, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

Hello, I was sprating salt last season per job, but I really like to get some input about this subject just to make sure that I am fair with everyone.
    Do you guys charge per lot or per Lb .
    here in KY we getting the ton for about $100
    all inputs are appreciated.
    thanks
    Omran

2. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

How big were your lots?
    I charge per app.

3. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

Last year I did the same lot and each time it took about 1 ton of salt to spread on the proberty.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

We charge per application.

5. azandy

azandy Member

We charge by the pound. More of a guess than anything. Kinda get a feel for it. Years ago when we only had one tailgate salter and bags, we figured by the pound would be easy, just count the bags. Haven't changed our structure but might for 2010-2011 season

6. Corman

Corman Member

We charge by bag (weight)

7. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

We Charge per Application.

A couple of our lots want billed by the Ton. For those lots its a min amount of salt (tons) per application which is the normal amount it takes. So basically it's same as per application just worded different on the invoice. Which does have advantages, when you had to use more salt it's show as tons on the invoice, so you don't have to worry about having to use alot of salt on alot that is fixed price for a salting.

We also do have times where it's per application on a lot, but we only had to salt run-off or some drifting, We still just list it as per application, just a lower price for the application, and not the contract price per visit. Also we Throw in a couple No charges beside dates when it's just touching up patch of salt, makes property managers happy seeing it.