1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you guys bring a bucket with your onsite with your skid?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by maelawncare, Dec 30, 2012.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

This is the first season I'll be using my skid steer to plow with. I got it last season, but the only time it snowed it was in the shop :realmad:

I got a 9' Kage for it, but I was wondering if I should bring my smooth bucket as well. Do you guys bring buckets?
  2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Yes sir. Always handy to have around.
  3. chris9724

chris9724 Member
    from calgary

We don't send our guys out with buckets it slows them down to much. We have found that they will spend more to switching then if they just spent a little more time with the pusher. If you have a Kage you should be just fine.
  4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

We always take it with yes. You never know.....plus probably doesn't do much good at the shop
  5. blizzardsnow

blizzardsnow Member

Yes. Absolutely always bring it. Wedge it on front of trailer and likely never take it off. But when you need it, you need it, and you've got it.
  6. nate39

nate39 Junior Member
    from Mo

Are ya thinkn' we might get some snow tomorrow? As far as your question, absolutely, you never know what situations that will arise and since you have it, might as well have it at your convenience.
  7. maelawncare

I sure as hell hope we do. We missed last weeks snow and fridays, only got 0.10" yesterday. Hell I was got caught in the 2" south MO got friday night. Took me by surprise as we weren't supposed to get in Rolla, so freaked me out.

What sucks is this storm can change just as quick as the christmas storm did. Weather guys say anywhere from a trace to 4" depending on the temps and the pattern. I hope we get at least 2" I want to plow damit.
  8. nate39

nate39 Junior Member
    from Mo

Well I moved my backhoes with thier pushers to thier lots 2 weeks ago and went and moved the skids with thier 8' snow buckets today. I snapped this pick as I was getting ready to move the skids. 1 truck is missing as well as the backhoes but everything else is in the pic.

9. maelawncare

Nice setup. Looks like you will be getting most of the snow where we will be getting rain AGAIN! :realmad::cry:
  10. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

I always send our dirt buckets with them. That way when they call me and say a hose is broken on the plow I can tell them to keep moving snow until we can get it fixed.
  11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Yes. But we typically dont drag skids around during a storm. Usually delivered b4 the storm or parked on site already with bucket & plow or pusher.

Back when I first started, I drug my skid everywhere during a storm...since it was my only peice of snow removal equip. I kept the 8ft pusher( a plow b4 I got pusher) & bucket with me at all times...damn glad I did to.
  12. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

We dont move ours around they are left on site but all have buckets left with them.
    Sometime we get ice under the snow and the skids struggle with pushers or if something breaks or for stacking or hauling snow you always have the bucket. We also do some walks at certain sites with the dirt bucket.
  13. sthoms3355

sthoms3355 Member
    from Detroit

Yes take the buckets
  14. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Um, hell yeas we do..
  15. abbottfarm

abbottfarm Senior Member
    from Maine

Bucket goes with the machine...always.
  16. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

No Sir, send the skids to plow not load, But when I send a skid and a dump truck to remove snow I do send a plow with the bucket. Kind of a reverse scenario
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  17. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

i had to . . . . . . . .:laughing:

18. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

from your ??? :cool:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  19. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

the ammo is secured Thumbs Up