1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you flush every year?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BPK63, Oct 28, 2008.

1. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

I flushed my fluid the last 2 years in a row. Since I only plow my own driveway I'm wondering if it's worth the cost and effort, and besides the plow place is an hour away. Kind of pressed for time this year. Do you guys flush the system out every year?

2. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

I must be doing pretty good with the maintenance as nobody else here flushes out their old fluid.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On a Meyer specifically it's best to do a flush every year and clean the sump out about every other year or so depending on what fluid you use, if the plow is stored outside during the off season, and how dependable you need it to be. They're susceptible to moisture intrusion.

4. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

It's all kept in a garage until the snow flies. The other thing I don't understand, is those pumps are so expensive, why don't people take them off after the season and store them? I see some pumps in mid summer on trucks all rusted so bad it's no wonder they even work anymore.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Same here. And they're usually the ones that turn up "missing" about this time of year since after all they're not cheap to buy like you mentioned. It still amazes me how many guys run around without a pin lock in them. I can pull one in two minutes...and so can a thief. :nod: