1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you feel sorry for this plow driver?

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by Landcare - Mont, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

How sorry would you feel for the driver of the plowtruck contracted to clear the streets in our industrial park when he was winging back the banks (at a fairly good clip) and hit these two big rocks on our front lawn hard enough to stand them up on end? Same contractor for the past 10 years; rocks have been there for at least as long - must have been a new driver.

2011-2012 030.jpg

2011-2012 029.jpg

2011-2012 028.jpg

2. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

I want to see the truck!

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Tell Paul he should be making them!

4. Landcare - Mont

Rocks?????

5. Landcare - Mont

Forgot to mention - if you look at the picture looking on down the street, the bank isn't pushed back past the second rock.

6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

I feel sorry for the pooch.

He looks like he lost his best friend.....:)

7. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Bet that woke him up.lol

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry,putting up markers so he don't hit them next time!tymusic

9. Landcare - Mont

Don't worry about him - that's one of the most spoiled Labs in the world. He's just trying to figure out why we're stopped.

10. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

u have to hit those rocks pretty good to do that! that wing def has some damage

11. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

i do all the winging for my town and for the life of me cant figure out the reason
    people feel the need to put crap like that on the edge of the road....

12. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

We don't allow anything put in our right-of-ways.

Another good reason why pre-season runs are always good

13. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

This. Up here in Quebec, most cities / towns don't allow anything closer than 6' from the road. Those rocks should not have been there. I must admit though, I don't know off hand what the municipal regs are in Pointe-Claire. Whomever put them there could be held accountable for the damage to the truck.

14. Landcare - Mont

I must agree with you - we've been doing suburban roads for the past 45 years and there's always someone who puts something too close to the road. The big thing these days is bringing the sod right up to the pavement and grading it higher than the road and then complaining to the Town when the wing plows rip up the first foot or two.

In the case of these rocks, they were placed on our lawn about 10 years ago, about three feet back from the concrete road curb, to keep the tractor trailers that have to back into the yard across the street from driving up on our lawn when they get frustrated with trying to make the tight turn involved. Never before has one of the road plows hit these rocks.

15. Landcare - Mont

The four towns we've plowed for over the past 45 years don't have any regulations like that. We know; we've been trying for years to say that the first foot or two is where we have to plow the bank to because the towns want us to keep the asphalt clear from edge to edge. Gotta put the snow somewhere. The residents also crab about the bank that crosses the ends of the driveways. What can you do. That's life behind the wheel of a road plow. :D

16. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Did those rocks magically appear or did he not know his route?
    Who cuts a shelf at high speed, atleast fast enough to move boulders like that?
    As mentioned above ,marking (whip) your obsticles is part of the job.
    No I dont feel sorry for operator error..

17. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, you know he felt that. First one scared the bejesus out of him/her, The second one I bet they thought the truck was going to explode.

18. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Did he tear the wing off of the truck?

19. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

someones probably at the dental surgeon getting the rest of his/her chicklets removed and getting fitted for a new pair .
    Betcha a dollar to a donut the next time the defrosters go on in said truck , you should hear chicklets rattling around the firewall.

the plow should be seated next to the boulders. id like to see the carnage on the clevis,sector and moldboard. should be some steel pins,bolts and debris underneath the tundra

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  20. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

its much funnier in german