1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you enjoy plowing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mercer_me, Aug 18, 2009.

?

Do you enjoy plowing?

1. Yes, I enjoy plowing

189 vote(s)
    88.3%
  2. No, I do not enjoy plowing

25 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I love plowng, it's one of my favorite things to do.

2. JayMac

JayMac Member

I love winter in general, I love snow. I even love to watch it fall, play in it, shovel it, plow it, watch others do the same. But, most of all is to plow it.

3. Flawless

Flawless Junior Member

i love the rush, the money, feeling how we own the road that night, helping people if you have time, putting the trucks to the test, i still hold the record of my buddys and i of 80 hrs. straight & 12 grand,
    live for it

4. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

I love being out all night or early in the morning and the only people out on the roads are basically you and other people plowing.

5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Love plowing, hate selling. (good thing thats my job)

6. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

I like it. I try not to do anything that I don't like to. I like to run equipment, trucks, mowers, snowblowers, skids......anything with wheels. It makes it soooooooo much easier to get up at 1am when you enjoy it a little.

7. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

love it. driving in night or early morning when its pitch black out strobes going. it's awesome. i live in the country and do more industrial parking lots and small neighborhood drive ways. love the feeling of being the only one out

8. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Like it and love selling it more!

9. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I like it, its a different type of work than I do so it breaks up grind from my day job and somewhat keeps me sane instead of burning out doing a ton of ot.

10. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

I love it, it kills me that this year I wont be able to do as much plowing as I have the last 2 years.

11. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I love plowing. It's fun for some reason. Probably because there aren't many people out while your doing it. Probably my favorite thing to do.

12. its great, no one else around(cept other plows), makes me a income (try that on a snowmobile) and pretty easy to see what you have accomplished in a night if its not snowing to much still, black pavement beside a foot of snow looks good to me. Plus about 3 times a winter (during a large storm) I usually come across a senior trying to shovel a drive(stuck vehicle, broken blower, etc) and for the 5-10 minutes it takes to help them out(nothing fancy verbal conformation its alright to do and just a quick up down pass so you dont "find " anything) it makes you feel good and in the generally small community I live in can't hurt your reputation

13. PS forgot to mention how geniuely grateful those people usually are for whats really a small thing on our part helps you forget that one customer thats never 100% happy no matter what effort you put in

14. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Pennies from heaven.............it doesn't get any better. It's almost my favorite activity! :D

15. Nailit1954

Nailit1954 Senior Member
    from ma.

love it!
    94 degrees today and still thinking of plowing!!!

16. GK Snow Removal

GK Snow Removal Member

Love it, i started when i was 5 with my grandpa Tractor in Russia

17. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Is this a serious Q? You shouldnt be here if you dont like it lol

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Sooooo many comments, such a setup. LMAO xysport

19. Jay51

Jay51 Junior Member

I enjoy it. I like being out at night when there is no one on the roads, listening to music and having fun plowing.

20. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

love plowing but hate waiting for a snowstorm. nothing like the sound of the plowblade scraping pavent