1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you do your own books?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Buddhaman, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

Just wondering how many people do ALL their own bookwork. I mean no accountant at all. Do those of you that do have any employees? I have never once had an accountant for anything. Looking to hire employees this year. I use quickbooks and turbotax for everything.
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I use Quickbooks also...I do everything myself except for filing my tax return at the end of the year. Never had "employees" that I gave a paycheck to, only guys that I paid with cash at the end of the day or week.
  3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

you sneaky fella .. haha too expensive to pay guys with a check. cash is king
  4. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I do every thing myself.
    Quicken for the accounting.
    Quick Payroll for the employees checks and quarterly taxes
    Excell spread sheets (of my own design) for estimating and job tracking
    Word for printing invoices and estimates
    Palm for scheduling

It would cost a fortune for me to have an account do what I do. Besides if I miss something or want to change something, I can go back and do it until April 15.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I use this guy... :)

6. SnowPusher513

SnowPusher513 Junior Member

I run a company with my brothers and though we have an accountant I do most everything on Quickbooks. We have 17 employees and I handle all the payroll and tax forms through quickbooks but we have the accountant to check things because my brothers and I are still young (20, 23, 25) learning, and mainly focused on growing the business. And, there are a lot of technicalities out there that a person not in the accounting profession couldnt handle without going crazy.