1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you charge a "show up" fee plus hourly?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Kingb, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Kingb

Kingb Junior Member

I was contacted by a local insurance company for some snow removal. The woman that contacted me stated that the other people who used to do charged her $75 just to show up and then $75 an hour. The parking lot is miniscule and wouldn't take longer than 20 minutes with a 7' plow. Do you guys charge a fee just to show up on top of the hourly rate?
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

$75 a time, or $75 a month, We have charged a service retention fee, mainly to our banks, it is a monthly fee we charge, because of the extra services our banks require, we could also build it into our hourly rate, but i didnt want a bunch of hourly rates for different clients. If it is $75/time, i would say that was quite ludicrous, but that is just me. $75 just to show up, then another $75/hour? how large is this place?
  3. Kingb

Kingb Junior Member

Not large at all. I am talking enough to fit maybe 8 cars plus sidewalk.
  4. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I don't have a show up fee but I do have one hour minimums on everything. If it only takes 20 minutes, I still get to charge for an entire hour.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I have some contracts where the sidewalks arent to be done between 8a-7pm.

If they do want them done...It's an extra 23/hr on top of the per-push servicing.

But I have no show up fee...But with hourly accounts it's a min 1 hour no matter how long it takes...that's why I like per occurrence.
  6. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Back in the day when we first started out we priced almost everything this way. Instead of straight hourly or minimums(which is good idea) we charged $25.00 just to show up and then hourly for every minute we were on site. This covered our butts enough for those times where you just need to run to a site to push an entrance or what have you. Some of our long term customers are still that way; at least the ones that we haven't converted to per push.
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

we charge per pusn....not a show up fee