1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you carry a spare pump?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BPK63, Oct 18, 2006.

1. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

With all the troubles I read about in the middle of a storm I'm wondering who carries a spare pump in the truck? I'm looking at some used ones might be a good idea to just have a spare just in case.

2. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Its always good to have a spare with you. Behind the seat is a good place for one, this way it stays nice and warm. :D

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

yep. We have a spare fisher/western and meyer pump just incase one of our subs have one that goes down.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

have a e60h and a e46h sitting in the shop.

5. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

Always carry one with me. Haven't had to use it yet, but.............

6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

IT's the norm here in Erie if you have a Meyer and want to keep running all night in the cold snaps and wet snows.

Jerre

7. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Keep a spare at the shop

8. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

I cary an extra pump motor. wish I could find an extra pump to have but no such luck.