1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do you call them again?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by plowin-fire, Sep 13, 2012.

1. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

I submit quite a few bids this year and wondering if going back to the business and asking if questions need answering or comments from them is the right thing to do. Would definately let them know that you care and want their business. Any other pros or cons to this or something better to do?

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I usually give them a week or two, but ALWAYS follow up. Asking if they have any questions or concerns, or what we can do to get a contract signed may not get an instant response, but let them know you are interested in their business. You should try and be aware of what their time frame is for making a decision, when you lose contact, you lose control of the sale.

Its sometimes hard to do when you're in the fury of the bidding season, but I always try and set at least a little time aside each day for followups

3. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I usually call mine about a week after I submit a bid if I haven't heard anything. Gives them a chance to look things over and then you can answer any questions they may have. I find it to be a good way to build a business relationship.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

And to find out if they hired someone already so you don't keep calling back.

5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

A lot if times I don't understand why people won't just say they hired someone else its nit going to hurt my feelings just tell me and I won't call anymore. (For now)

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

They are fishing ,you know loyalty now days.

7. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

A few people I talked to intially didnt seem like they were in any hurry. Probably wait for snow in the forecast to call someone...

8. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Whenever you hand in a bid, submit it by email, call them by phone, send smoke signals, etc., you should always always establish a date when you will either receive their answer or call them back.

I let the customer know I expect their answer within 2 weeks, you know that if they dont call back, its not for a good reason.