1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

do you agree with useing the duramax for hauling horses and plowing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by extremsnomobile, Jan 1, 2005.

1. extremsnomobile

extremsnomobile Member

first off. why would you all pic on some1 for there spelling???

ok i have a gmc duramax 6l with the turbo. extcad 2500hd. is this truck good for pulling 4 pretty big horses and plowing? not at the same time of course

2. extremsnomobile

extremsnomobile Member

please stop making fun of me its not nice anymore

3. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

that truck is great for all the above

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

That truck should have no problem plowing while pulling your loaded 4 horse trailer.... :)

5. NAC

NAC Senior Member

I have 03 GMC 2500HD with Duramax/Allison Ext. Cab.; not to metion it has Western plow frame, backrack, toolbox full of tools(500lbs) 50gal transfer tank (450+lbs)and other stuff to weight it down I pull my 14" dump trailer(3,800) and my Komatsu pc45 (10,800) with out a problem.

6. drplow

drplow Senior Member

if it takes off fine and stops fine when loaded then i would say that its fine to do those things.
    good luck with spelling in the future.

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

LMAO!! :cry:

8. pikrite

pikrite Junior Member

My brother has an 02 GMC with the same setup. He loves it for hauling cattle but wishes he had a crew dually for the long hauls. Four big horses (draft???) you might want to opt for a heavier chassis for further distances. Just curious what kind of horses do you have?

9. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

No you don't, its your dad's. When are you going to quit b.s.'n? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

Boy I'd hate to be the horse in the back!
    Give'm lots of grain before ya head out for the night.

11. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

He's not even old enough to have a license, but for some reason 'owns' plow trucks... :rolleyes:

sniff sniff sniff.... does anyone else smell..... Horse Manure? Or is it just BS?

Personally, I like how he asks these questions (that he knows the answers to) and then treats whoever answered like an idiot (see other postings, oh wait, I think they've been deleted....)

Meh. Not my prob.

12. extremsnomobile

extremsnomobile Member

see i may not be old enoguh to drive but i ask questions so i learn.yes it is my dads truck. and yes i do own a plow truck. that i can drive it i use it to my dads parking lot when needed.

one big horse- draft mix not sure on wat though. 16-17 hands tall
    2 smaller ones-a show pony and a quaterhorse
    horse on the way. cylsdal or an appulsa

13. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

Take all your pull'n harness's with ya. Then if you get stuck just hitch'm up to the back an pull your self out.

14. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

:help: Clydesdale. Appaloosa. Spell them 10 times.

Diesels for pulling? Try a Vortec V-6. That's what all the cowboys in New York City drive.

Does your dad know you're on here asking if a diesel truck can pull a damn horse trailer? My dad would have kicked my ass if I'd have done that.

15. The Boss

One minute this kid is in a wheelchair and the next he's pulling horses. :rolleyes: Here's a word to learn how to spell: Loser.

16. derekbroerse

No one learns anything by asking questions that are common sense. Other than frustration. Anyone who knows anything about trucks (especially someone who 'owns' a classic truck pride and joy, they should be an enthusiest) knows that diesels are designed for torque, which equates into pulling/pushing power that cannot be touched by anything else.

So, if you are pulling four Quarterhorses, does that add up to one Completehorse? In that case, the Vortec V6 should be more than adequate :jester:

17. extremsnomobile

extremsnomobile Member

a quater horse is a type of horse not a smaller horse but a normal sized horse. u are thinkign of minature ponys. which are miss treated mor ethen most horses. and im nto pulling 4 quater horses i do not own a truck that i have acces to my dads which i am doing research for here. and he has a pny a quater horse adna draft mix. (budwieser horse)

18. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

anybody care to translate this?

19. The Boss

If you're tired of people making fun of you for your spelling, why not avoid it by clicking the spell check button? :rolleyes:
    Or are you just trying to get attention? :rolleyes:

20. derekbroerse

Dude, it was a joke. And a really lousy one at that.

Forget it.

:p