1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do u think this will work?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Figueiredo, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Figueiredo

Figueiredo Junior Member

For this up comming winter i will be using a John Deere LA 175 tractor with a 46 in snow blade and and buying a Ariens 1130 dle snow blower. I have about 20 driveways and 1 large sidewalk i hoping that this equiment will stand up to the job i will work threw the storm to keep up tell me what you think?
  2. Figueiredo

Figueiredo Junior Member

I forgot to mention that all these houses are close to my house so there will be no need for using a truck
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I think you're going to be very cold. I'd suggest pushing no more than 3" to start with to get an idea of what it'll do. Remember, there's very little weight to provide traction to something that's 2WD to start with. I hope it's all asphalt with no inclines. See if you can get chains for it.
  4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

20 drives might be a bit much for that setup. youre gonna kill yourself and possibly the machine, seeing as we get heavy wet snow in CT & MA. That little tractor is gonna be tired after 20 driveways lol. If you can find wheel weights and chains youd have an easier time moving snow, but even still, dont let it pile up too much or you might find that only the blower goes through it. And that will get old quick. Just my opinion
  5. Figueiredo

Figueiredo Junior Member

thanx for the information i have two 50lb wheel weights and a 200lbs on the back of the tractor ballast box