1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do u think this will work?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Figueiredo, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Figueiredo

Figueiredo Junior Member

For this up comming winter i will be using a John Deere LA 175 tractor with a 46 in snow blade and and buying a Ariens 1130 dle snow blower. I have about 20 driveways and 1 large sidewalk i hoping that this equiment will stand up to the job i will work threw the storm to keep up tell me what you think?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  2. randym99

randym99 Senior Member

Hey, Sounds like kind of light gear for that many drives.But I know a local kid that does 5-10 with a shovel when he gets his wheetys into him.If ya take your time and like you say stay ahead of it I guess it could work.At least your overhead will be low.Make sure not to lowball yourself to much on price.What looks like profit can soon melt away when ya have a broken rod hanging out the side of your engine!!!Randy

3. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

drivewasy all in a row? if so yea i think it's very possible for you to do them.

4. plowem

plowem Junior Member
    from Maine

You gonna drive around with a trailer during the storms??? You're gonna find any big storms that the John deere isn't gonna cut it and the trailer will slow you down. Might consider sticking with the Ariens and getting a single stage and have someone else with you.

5. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

is that all the driveways your planing on getting?