1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do Timbrens Help this.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Time Cutters, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Time Cutters

Time Cutters Junior Member

I have a F350 super duty Diesel thats sits a little low in the front even without the plow on it. I was wondering if timbrens will help lift that a little?

Thanks Adam

2. KRC

KRC Junior Member

Yes they will help alot. I put a set on my 2003 ford f-250, and with the plow on it doesnt drop at all. It is alittle rough with out the plow on, but its worth it. :drinkup:

3. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

No the timbrens will not raise the front of the truck up They will just help the truck from squatting anymore when there is a load on the front axle ie the plow in the raised position. Look into getting a spring leveling kit or go to a spring shop to have another spring added to the pack if you want the front end raised up to make the truck sit level

4. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

Check to see if you have the X code springs on the front. If not change your front springs to the X code and your front end will not dip when you lift your plow. My F250 PSD has them, it is part of the plow prep package on all F250 and F350 Reg cab diesels starting in 2000. They are the springs used on F450/550. Just check your door panel to see if you have the X springs.

5. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

read his message, guys
    only one of you answered his question.
    no it only helps with a load the front dips because for the reason of...when you put wait in the back the truck will sit level instead of pointing up hill.all trucks are made that way
    oh yea it doessnt affect the ride either it only helps when you have a heavy load

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003