1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do they sell wings for older blades-STP 7.5?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by CP Paul, Nov 5, 2009.

1. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

I saw some mounting brackets on a parts website but do they sell wings for an STP-7.5?
    Blade is about 10 years old. :D

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Meyers never had there own wings until recently for the plows. So you will have to buy pro wings and install them on your self. They work great.

3. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Ya I was looking at those and Pro Wings are not recommended for polymer plows...damn!

4. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

I think I saw a thread on here where someone made them work on a poly plow

5. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Well then I should contact Pro Wings and see if there is some way. I guess the plastic part isn't strong enough to take it or the frame isn't. Maybe its possible to re-enforce it in some way.

6. breadoflife

breadoflife Member

i was trying to find some myself, i just dont really see paying $400 a feasable option at this point...

7. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

8. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

9. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

10. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Now that IS much better. I had wondered about the twisting motion of those wings on those metal up rights. They would twist too much. But putting in those cross braces is the way to go.

Thanks a ton!

11. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

We have used wings on that CP-8 for over two seasons now and it has held up extrmely well. If fact with twisted up one wing last winter and no damge whatsoever to the plow itself. All the damage was confined to the wing, which was what we wanted. Wings are cheap, the plow itself isn't. LOL

12. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

You must have used the same steel cross member method that jdknight75 shows? Or something like that to not have messed up the plow.
    Ya I wondered what would happen if a wing had got caught on something. Nice to know the plow was ok. Really thought it would hurt the plow.
    I'm gonna do this for sure.
    Thanks dude.
    :drinkup: tymusic