1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do they make wings for this plow?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hammerstein, Feb 24, 2011.

1. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Friend of mine (works for Penske) sent me this from a place he was at. Seems like it would leave a lot of trails and some wings would help out. He said the had a piece of sheet metal on the front of the pallet.

2. Florida08

Florida08 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Haha. I've actually done that exact thing before. It doesn't work too well. Lol
  3. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Best part is the plow truck sitting right behind it.
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That's what I would choose to use to. Why would you want to use that truck with the V plow? :help:
  5. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Wings would be cheap for that! Couple 2x4's and some nails.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

seems a lot easier than sitting in the nice warm truck plowing lol
  7. WesternproGMC

WesternproGMC Member

the best part is that the lot look clean

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Perfectly good truck and vee blade in the back gorund. haha. Porbably one of those cases where you need to be certified or something to use the plow. Either way its funny.
  9. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

looks like there is two trucks with plows. One the yellow ford and the blue dodge with the blizzard. hmmmmm someone must of been really bored
  10. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

I missed the Dodge back there. I don't think I've ever been bored enough to try that.
  11. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

I like how they leave the blade on the truck up and in scoop. I can't think of anything better for the front end.....
  12. hammerstein

The yellow truck is what my friend is driving. He is a mechanic for penske was doing a road call for a broken down truck and this was taken @ a parts store that he stopped at.
  13. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

all he needs now is a spreader to put on the back of the forklift :laughing:
  14. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Thats funny, We used to plow Penske's and got paid well for a great job IMO. Then came a guy who chopped our price in half...and one day i saw a mechanic doing just that...clearing laneways with a forklift and skid!!

The manager was fuming he had to push box trucks around the lot every time it snowed and head office wasn't interested in authorizing a P.O for a higher price when there were others that would (or wouldnt) do it for much less.

It got to the point that some of the staff wouldnt show up for work after a snow storm because they knew it was soing to be a sh!t show.
  15. Mabepossibly

Mabepossibly Senior Member

When I worked for a lumber yard I got dam good at plowing with a big Sellick off road forklift. A unit of 2x12-16's banded to the mast clears snow pretty well between sheds. Only problem is that it cant scoupe.
  16. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Your friend drives around with his v in scoop? Thats got to be a rough ride
  17. hammerstein

No brains, No headaches.

I asked him that to, he said In the V position in scrapes the ground, and straight is to wide (its an 8.5 go figure) so the scoop must be just right.
  18. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

Whats the point of that when the ford is sitting there doing nothing