1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do they make Poly edges for the Xtreme V?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Snow Miser, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

Does any know if they make or are planning to make poly edges for the xtreme v? I'm trying to set up a new truck for doing parking decks with soft membranes, so i need a soft edge and it would be way more efficient if i could set a v blade instead of regular straight blade.
  2. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

I was actually at fisher and brought this subject up.. Of course they wrote it down on there little sheet of ideas.. They did how ever pay more close attention when I brought up more people would be interested in v plows with this option.. Mostly with concrete or roof deck parking .. I am sure you may have this requirement in one of your bids ..Just a guess why you are asking..
    I have set up plows with a rubber edge to serve the same purpose.. however the people that use this understand what it takes to plow effectively with this style edge..
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have never seen them. Not in there latest accessory brochures, nor on their website. I would imagine you make some for the straight part real easy. Not sure about the curved piece.
  4. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

I know that fisher doesn't make these edges. I've been a fisher dealer for about two years now and I've been telling them for both years that a poly edge for the xtreme v would be a great idea. But i was wondering more if there was a third party dealer that makes these kind edges like how polar edge makes that specialty poly edge for blizzard power wing plows.