1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

do they make a plow for this?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by IPLOWSNO, Oct 22, 2008.

1. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys i was wonderin if anyone of you know,

if they make a plow that could be fabbed up to work on this? and it is awd. and can out pull my truck, 91 gmc xtended cab. with no problem.

im not lookin to plow anything but my driveway. something lightweight would work, thanks guys?

i bought a jimmy but 4wd doesnt work?so either i pay to fix that, and fix that or make plow work for this.or stay on the quad when it snows here the fun factor quickly goes away lol

scotts pictures 005.jpg

2. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

if i was you i probably wouln't put a plow on that...id try to find an old beater truck or jeep for cheap...

3. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Ditto that.

But if you are bent on using it I believe I have seen an Express van driving around Buffalo with a Snoway on it.

4. 01FordPlower

01FordPlower Member
    from PA

There's definitely no plow made for it, and I wouldn't even waste my money having something made for it. By a cheap truck with a plow on it.

5. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Just buy a "yard truck". Find one that wont pass inpection for a few hundred dollars at least you will have a cab and maybe even heat. Either way no dont put a plow on that.

6. IPLOWSNO

so if i fix the little jimmy[pronounced like timmy on south park] lol, will that be alright to plow with? can you get a used plow for it and how much? the jimmy has 88000 on it but the 4wd doesnt work, the shaft turns but no power to the wheels? it needs an oilpan too, and these are the after i bought shots, after i cleaned it up?

my last plow truck 87 chevy is on the hill it got old fixin a truck that wasnt on the road. sitting kills them imo? fuel pump the day we got 4 ft in two days was the clincher lol, the truck was pretty much entombed after that storm. i had a buddy come over and strip the hydros off and the frame, he left the plow, and its in decent shape too, must of been to heavy.

scotts jimmy 001.jpg

scotts jimmy 007.jpg

7. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Fix the 4x4 in the Jimmy, it'll handle a small 6-1/2 footer or a SnoWay 22 Series easily. Should only be a couple hundred to fix. There are 3 common problems that cuase your issue, 1) bad electric switch on dash, 2) bad front axle actuator (this is buried in the front p/s corner of the engine comp, has a cable that runs into the front axle to engage it), 3) bad electric actuator switch on transfer case. If when you push the button for 4wd on the dash, the light switches and stays steady, check the front driveshaft. If you cant turn it then the electric side is good. The front axle actuator is the most common problem of the 3. Fix it, get a used plow setup, some new sneakers, maybe a few cranks on the torsion bars to stiffen the front end a bit and have at it. Hope this helps & good luck.

8. IPLOWSNO

thanks guys,
    liny, i can see the shaft turning as i lay under it. take it out of 4wd and the shaft stops,so i dont think its electric, so do you think its the actuator?

9. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

I hope you're not laying under it while it's moving!!!!lol Sounds like it. Another easy way to check, with the truck in park & brake on in 2wd you should be able to spin the front shaft by hand pretty easily, now engage 4wd and you should not be able to spin the shaft. One more thing to check though. Some times the actuator itself is good but the cable that runs from the actuator to the front axle freezes up. Locate the actuator, disconnect the cable from it and with the front end on jack stands have 1 person slowly rotate a front wheel while another person pulls on the end of the cable (a pair of small visegrips work best). If the cable pulls out a little and you hear & feel it engage then it's the actuator, if the cable doesn't move at all, replace the cable (only available through a GM dealer) and you are good to go. Have fun!!

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

11. IPLOWSNO

thanks guys. ill give that guy a call.i appreciate your help with this.

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

no problem. I seen you were from ny and I remembered this guy had this one and has had it on here for a month or so. so maybe you and him can work something out. you might be able to find the harness on ebay. i will look and see what I can find.

13. IPLOWSNO

thanks bud, you live right outside of skinecktitty, my sis use to live out there?

14. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

i live about 20 mins from there. amsterdam sucks tho man. i hate ny actually. taxes are outrageous on my house. they tax high on everything. it just sucks. but i live in amsterico. all you have here is hispanics. I am lucky enough to live in the best part of amsterdam tho. I was looking at houses in north carolina and still am.hope the deal with the plow falls thu. let me know how it works out. o and another name for shcenectady is skanknectady

15. IPLOWSNO

yes i am taxed to death here also, im droppin off the jimmy on wed. to get the 4wd fixed. hopefully?

16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

what is wrong with the 4/wd? the motor to switch it in and out? did you call on the plow yet?