1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

do the lights shake on the light tower

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by vipereng2, Nov 13, 2005.

1. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

i heard they do on the blizzerd

2. DOGHOUSE

DOGHOUSE Member
    from Alaska

I Haven't Noticed Any Shaking Or Vibrations With My 810.
    Dave

3. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

all my lights shake western, boss, and blizzard. i think that if they dont shake the will break. thay only shake over a bump or when driving a pile

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Well I have a Blizzard and and mine don't shake or raddle, but I know someone who has this problem with theres..:waving:

5. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Mine shake, it's the down side to the 810/8611. My Fisher never moved like this one. It's the tower itself, it needs a brace in connecting the top and bottom tube, think triangle

6. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

on my ford they are super solid hardley any movement. i was looking at a checvy install at the dealer and they moved a bit. he said it was comon on the gm products, no idea why but that is the deal. solid on the ford built like a rock i guess.

7. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Mine are solid too. No shake

8. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

It all depends on the tightness of the light tower pockets. They all move a bit. Any single mounted light will move. The double stud mount system on my Boss have never moved. Some movement is good, impact will be less harsh on the bulbs.

Just my non-cents.

9. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

Mine vibrate. You can see tower move in day time but at night you can't tell.

10. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Seeing how the light tower has no idea what vehicle it's mounted on, it makes no difference. Your not noticing it due to the way the Ford is ratling apart around you.

11. ahaycoman

ahaycoman Member
    from Montana

When I first plowed with it a few years ago one of the first things I noticed about the 810 was the shaking and instability of the lights. I simply reinforced the area between the two upright braces with a heavy expanded metal and made shims for the inside of the light brace receiver on the plow undercarriage and that cured it. I haven't seen the newer Blizzards and maybe there has been an improvement in design since I bought mine.
    Later I did mount a newer model undercarriage on a different truck so I would be able to use the same blade assembly on either vehicle and I noticed that a few subtle design changes had been made in the receiver part for the light tower. These design changes required me to make some minor modifications in order to make both/either workable. Other than that minor annoyance, I would have to say that this has been the best plow for my purposes out of the several that I've owned.

12. butters

butters Member

My Blizzard lights do shake a little, but most plow lights that I have seen rattle around a bit. I have never considered it to be a problem.

13. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

And now to change my answer after having them on for several hours.....Yes, yes they do shake, alot....:rolleyes:

14. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

plow light shake

My 800 is freshly installed new 1 week ago on '05 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad.

And now that the plow is off, yes, the lights do seem to shake more than they should. At least compared to a previous fisher on a different truck.

Ed

15. drplow

drplow Senior Member

with the plow off, they shake and rattle left and right. i think i might wedge something into the mount to make them tighter or something.

16. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I guess you gave it to him!

Were he went wrong is...First off, never believe a salesmen ( Ford or Chevy)