1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do the customers ever question...

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Letissnow, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Letissnow

Letissnow Junior Member

I Just have a general question. When the customers get their bill for your service, has anyone(the customer) ever questioned how many inches you charge them for?
    Say for example..
    Your invoice reads..
    6-9" $100.00

Do they ever call and say... I though we only had 4".. The news said we only got 4". How would you handle that?

Thanx
    :gunsfiring: :bluebounc

2. DJL

DJL Senior Member

Commercial accounts...no

Residential accounts...yes

I tell them up front I determine the accumulation, not you or the weather channel so we are both on the same page.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Only once.

4. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

I pay 300.00 A year for a snow total service and include it with my bill others use the DOT. reports

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I have only been questioned once by an older family saying there wasnt 8 inches of snow

6. drplow

drplow Senior Member

i would ask them what kind of weather we had that day first. how would they know, some people don't even know if i was there or not because they wake up with no snow in the driveway even though i plowed it early and it snowed overnight.
    i would compare their info with mine and see what we come up with. i would most likely say, your wrong, it snowed from 11pm to 345am with the heaviest snow closer to the 12o'clock to 1o'clock hours. your drive way was plowed between the hours of 330am to 8am. the depth on the news might have been 4 inches but i measured it at several nearby locations that day and they all averaged between 5 and 7 inches. i keep track of the dates, times and depths because its very easy to do and trust me, its a valuable tool to have when i get questioned at the end of the season. :nod:

7. divihydroseed

divihydroseed Junior Member

I used to specify in my contracts that 'snow amounts would be billed in accordance with Connecticut DOT snowfall amounts". The state usually tracks that stuff - and documents it somewhere - as well as has it somewhere on a web site. You can't argue with that. Newscasts always vary from station to station. Of course, residential clients watch every newscast looking for the best scenerio. If I had two storms a month, it would surprise me if they quoted one station for the first storm and a second station for the second storm - whatever combination works out best for them.

8. magic plowboy

magic plowboy Junior Member

ace911emt
    "I pay 300.00 A year for a snow total service and include it with my bill others use the DOT. reports"
    where would one go to find this type of recording service